Club United (the “Club”) has a key responsibility to protect the interests of its guests whenever they use Club facilities or participate in Club sports and recreational activities.
The Club also recognizes it has a responsibility to promote family-oriented sports and recreational activities in a manner which will foster not only good sportsmanship and camaraderie but will also set an example to others in the community.
The Club expects its guests, employees and all other visitors to Club facilities to act with civility and collegiality. Offensive behavior, such as that described below, as well as behavior commonly viewed as offensive, will not be tolerated.
In the event that a guest/s or other visitors/s is shown to have offended the policies stated here, appropriate and responsible action will be taken in the interest of guest safety and preserving the good name of the Club among its guests and visitors, and within the Metro Manila community.
Rights & Responsibilities
Guests are expected to show respect to others, including Club guests and the wider community. Guests are also expected to give due respect to the reputation and good name of the Club.
When using social media, guests are expected to ensure that they:
• Respect the rights and confidentiality of others.
• Do not impersonate or falsely represent another person.
• Do not bully, intimidate, abuse, harass, or threaten others.
• Do not make defamatory comments.
• Do not use offensive or threatening language, or resort to personal abuse towards each other or guests of the general community.
• Do not post content that is hateful, threatening, pornographic, or incites violence against others.
• Do not post content that harms the reputation and good standing of the Club or those within its community.
Breach of this Policy
A breach of this policy will be considered by Club management and will be dealt with on a case-by-case basis. A breach of this Code of Conduct may involve a breach of other Club policies and should be read in conjunction with the Code of Conduct.
Sports Integrity Policy
The Basic Provisions
• Guests shall not engage in any “Doping Practice” as that term is defined by the International Olympic Committee.
• Guests shall comply with the Club safety policies for activity leaders, referees, and players.
• Guests shall not repeatedly breach the rules of the game at play relating to foul play or misconduct.
• Guests shall not abuse, threaten or intimidate a referee, umpire, judge or other game official, whether on or off the field; or a selector, coach, or manager of another team official.
• Guests shall not show unnecessary obvious dissension, displeasure, or disapproval toward a referee, umpire, judge, or other game official, his or her decision, or generally following a decision of a match official.
• Guests shall not use crude or abusive language or gestures towards referees, umpires, judges, or other match officials or spectators.
• Guests shall not do anything which is likely to intimidate, offend, insult, or humiliate another participant on the ground of religion, sexual orientation, disability, race, color, or national or ethnic origin of the person.
• Guests shall not conduct themselves in any manner, or engage in any activity, whether on or off the field, that would impair public confidence in the honest and orderly conduct of Club activities; or in the integrity and good character of participants.
• Guests shall not do anything which adversely affects or reflects on or discredits the Club, team, competition, or sponsor; including, but not limited to any illegal act or any act of dishonesty or fraud.
Note regarding Conduct Towards Sporting Event Officials
The positive image of the Club is in particular affected by the conduct of its sports participants towards sporting event officials. The Club also expects non-playing guests to respect such officials and to abide by the Code of Conduct.
In light of this, the Club endorses substituting a sports/recreational event participant immediately should he or she show inappropriate conduct towards a sporting event official.
Note regarding sports betting corruption and anti-fixing in regard to Club Guests
Maintaining the integrity of both the Club and its guests is one of its highest priorities; to this end, any Club guest involvement in, or activities supporting, sports betting corruption, will not be tolerated and are grounds for termination of any Club guest involved in such activities. Examples of sports betting corruption include but are not limited to:
• Match fixing – the corrupt manipulation of the result of a sporting event by players, officials, or other participants.
• Spot fixing – the corrupt manipulation of a specific in-play element of a sporting event.
• Misuse of inside information – the misuse of privileged information about a sporting event known by a participant which is not in the public domain.
Again, the above is not an exhaustive list. Involvement in any sports betting activity which is intended for corrupt or illegal purposes shall constitute grounds for termination from access to Club facilities and participation in Club activities.
Activity participants are expected to attend training and activities not under the influence of alcohol or drugs.